Monday 9 November 2015

Printing Practice Freebies

So I am teaching my students about where I would like them to place their letters when printing.  I have always used the analogy of a house to help but I have never made any worksheets to match.  Finally I made a few so here you go for free!


I do a little quiz by pointing to each part of the house and having them call out the name of the part I am pointing to.  After some practice they get used to talking about the upstairs, downstairs, basement, middle dotted line, top solid line, bottom solid line, etc.  We go fast, we go slow - it is pretty fun.

primary practice printing

Then we sorted out the letters of the alphabet into their respective houses!  Simple yet effective!  Happy printing, eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.