Monday 17 September 2012

Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You...

I wanted to do something creative and cute for my classroom brag wall this year.  I found this amazing idea on pinterest.com so I decided to follow the steps provided by Rebecca at Create Share Inspire!  These are what hers look like.


Here are what mine turned out like:)  They are a little rustic but I LOVE them!!!  I am lucky they actually came together!  When I first bought the balsa wood I put it on the roof of my car as I was loading my other purchases in and totally forgot about the wood!  When I went to look for it and it was missing, I put 2 and 2 together and made a trip back to Michael's.  There was my lovely balsa wood in the middle of the road covered with tread marks!!!  Sigh!!  Back to school brain strikes again.  So I made these with my second batch of balsa.

Here is the full bulletin board!  Once everything was all ready to go, I couldn't wait to put up my students' work!  You can download a free copy of the "Our Writing" sign here.



Here is another fun game I made to have on hand in case there was a little extra free time.  It really helped my students practice printing their names correctly.  I had them print their name on the front and then read the greeting, "Hi! My name is __________.  I am your friend," to five different classmates.  Each classmate would sign their name and colour in a star very neatly, all the while, receiving encouragement from their friend.   Encouraging phrases included, "Great printing!" and "I love how you are staying in the lines!"




Also, if you are interested in this cute little Meet and Greet game and the sweet "I am..." self portrait printable you can check it out by clicking on the picture below!  Both printables are part of a whole bunch of back to school activities to practice skills, get to know your kiddies, and help them get to know each other!!  Although school has been in session awhile, it is never to late for some fun ole getting to know you activities!!

A Grade One Nut and Her Squirrelly Crew

Singing: Getting to know you, getting to know all about you!!  Remind you of any wonderful movie?



You guessed it!!  Oh The King and I - brings back wonderful viewing memories!  Check out the size of that dress!!  The first two people to download the preview over at TpT and leave me a comment and your e-mail will get your own copy of my Getting to Know You kit!!


P.S. Check out my other blog - http://www.mywholebrainteachingblog.blogspot.ca for a new post that includes a Whole Brain Teaching lesson for back to school with a freebie from my Getting to Know You packet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.